General anxiety, separation anxiety, fear, social phobias, school refusal, obsessive compulsive disorders.
Typically functioning children with anxiety.
Process: Contact ‘Learn to Shine: Psychology for Children’ Parents complete ‘Client Information’ form and send to ‘Learn to Shine’.
Parents provide referral letters from G.P to obtain Medicare rebates.
1. Clinical interview with parent assessing all areas of possible pathology
- Intake questionnaire: anxiety-beh-soc-em
2. Structured interview/questionnaire to determine type of anxiety, e.g. generalised, social, separation, phobia, panic etc.
- See diagnostic criteria/checklists for each Anxiety-related disorder
3. Child interview (depending on age) or work with child – look for irrational thinking patterns and underlying anxiety symptomology
4. Obtain information from other informants, e.g. teaching staff
5. Measurement: SDQ, SCAS, DASS, IQ, WIAT, CONNERS (depending on clinical interview)
6. Follow up appointment – discuss diagnosis, underlying issues, intervention options (i.e., psychoeducation, CBT, play therapy, school staff liaison)